qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration protocol, device features, ABIs and ot

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration protocol, device features, ABIs and other beasts
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:19:46 -0600

Gleb Natapov wrote:
I am OK with management being responsible to sort things out. Juan
said that destination can't abort migration in the middle, so I pointed
out easy solution that will work in 99.999% cases.

I think there's something elegant about doing migration in a unidirectional stream. It makes live migration work to a file, to a qcow2 file, etc. with no protocol change.

The ack'ing bits can be done by a live migration transport since it happens entirely at the end of the stream. The old ssh: migration used to do this and provided a simple means that worked 99.999% of the time :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

--
                        Gleb.