qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Networking hangs

From: Christoffer Dall
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Networking hangs
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:48:02 -0500

Hi.

I am experiencing problems with bridged networking to ARM guests. I have experimented with various kernel versions, distributions and host machines and I experience the problem in all cases.

When I copy files into the guest using SCP, after an undeterministic number of megabytes have been copied, the network crashes. At this point not even pings to localhost works inside the guest.

I am using v0.11.0, emulating a versatilepb board with an arm1136-r2 cpu and using the following parameter for networking when running the system emulator:

-net nic,vlan=0 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap0,script=$(QEMUIFUP),downscript=$(QEMUIFDOWN)

QEMUIFUP:
ifconfig tap0 192.168.7.1

QEMUIFDOWN:
ifconfig tap0 down