qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Inquiry:Solaris 8 installation on QEMU

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Inquiry:Solaris 8 installation on QEMU
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:41:40 +0100

>> The kernels of Solaris 8 & 9 can be boot too, but then they flood
>> about spurious irq 10. It seems that the earlier Solaris versions are
>> also suffering from spurious interrupts, because the boot process
>> takes very long: ~7 hours on address@hidden .
>
> A bug in the system timer implementation?

Or in interrupt handling in general. The interrupts seem to be really
spurious, not triggered by the timer. I think I fixed one bug in
slavio today, but I need more reading slavio docs. With the fix
solaris 9 seems to boot as well. Although it still complains about
spurious interrupts, but with the fix it happens once a second and not
hundreds times a second as before.

The performance is not affected, so either the fix is incomplete, or I
took a wrong trail