qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] Cross-debugging support in QEMU using GDB

From: Boyapati, Anitha
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] Cross-debugging support in QEMU using GDB
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:44:16 +0100

> > On the other hand, I think this can be documented in GDB usage
> > section of QEMU documentation.
>
> Patches to documentation bits are always welcome! Certain developers
> (definitely me included) tend to forget that people actually read
> documentation ;-)

So am I!  But I can't help contemplating that it certainly weighs much higher
when one has to decide if it is worth pursuing a project especially when the
required features are rarely used by others. I, for instance, would have given
up qemu-avr32 project altogether had the GDB stub part of it is not supported.
It is one thing to know that the feature is not working (can be fixed
hopefully) and entirely another if the feature is not at all supported.

Aah! Not one more managerial preach again :)

Anitha