qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:45:32 -0500

Luiz Capitulino wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:54:53 -0500
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

I think aiming for early to mid-December would give us roughly a 3 month cycle and would align well with some of the Linux distribution cycles. I'd like to limit things to a single -rc that lasted only for about a week. This is enough time to fix most of the obvious issues I think.

 How do you plan to do it? I mean, are you going to create a separate branch
or make master the -rc?

 Creating a separate branch (which is what we do today, iiuc) makes it
get less attention, freezing master for a certain period is the best
way to stabilize.

 Is this what you had in mind?
What do people think?

One reason I branch is because some people care a bit less about releases so it makes the process non-disruptive to them. If the other maintainers agreed though, I would certainly like to have the master branch essentially frozen for the week before the release.

--
Regards,

Anthony Liguori