qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Git repositories

From: Nathan Baum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Git repositories
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:29:15 +0100

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 13:36 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:00:06 -0400
> > G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> >> I was looking at the page Qemu.com and had a question. What is the
> >> different between the QEMU 0.10 Stable tree and the QEMU master
> >> repository? Which one do I want to apply patches to?
> >>

> >  The stable tree only gets bug fixes and the master one is where
> > development takes place.
> >

> The 0.10 stable tree is for the 0.10.x series which is now community
> supported.  If you have a patch that applies to 0.10.x but not to
> master, then you should send a patch against that tree.

A search of the list reveals that in February you said the repo on
Savannah would eventually be the official tree. Has that happened yet?

I ask because I'm wondering which tree I should diff against if I submit
a patch. qemu.com's master repo hasn't seen any activity since the end
of July, whilst savannah is busy right now, but I didn't find anything
in the archives announcing the move had happened.