qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] optional feature (was Re: The State of the SaveVM format)

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] optional feature (was Re: The State of the SaveVM format)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:46:20 +0300

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:47:27AM +0200, Juan Quintela wrote:
> How do we deal with optional features?

Here's an idea that Gleb suggested in a private
conversation: make optional features into
separate, non-user-visible devices.

Thus we would have vmstate for virtio and additionally, if msix is
enabled, vmstate for msix. This solves the problem of the number of
devices becoming exponential with the number of features: we have device
per feature.

I understand that RTC does something like this.

Happy?

--
MST