qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Coding style, C++ compatible code

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Coding style, C++ compatible code
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:19:02 -0500

Markus Armbruster wrote:
Stefan Weil <address@hidden> writes:
We can certainly discuss how to write better C, but appealing to the
authority of the C++ rationale is an argument I don't buy.
C++ compatibility is not a goal of QEMU AFAIK.

We make extensive use of the fact that you can use struct Foo or Foo as a declaration via the TAILQ_ENTRY macro. With your proposal, that macro would no longer work.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori