qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] diskimage HOWTO

From: Bai Shuwei
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] diskimage HOWTO
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:48:51 +0800

Hi, Kevin:
   I am not familiar the kpartx too. this is the result, I think I should rebuild my kernel to support device-mapper :(

weslab:/home/baishw/crosscompile/qemu/xtratum# kpartx -l rootfs
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
Incompatible libdevmapper 1.02.27 (2008-06-25)(compat) and kernel driver
loop1p1 : 0 128457 /dev/loop1 63

On 8/25/09, Mulyadi Santosa <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Kevin Wolf<address@hidden> wrote:

> You would use "kpartx -a test.img" which creates devices like
> /dev/mapper/loop0p1 for each partition. You can work with it like you
> would do with losetup and afterwards remove it with "kpartx -d test.img".
>
> But actually Laurent's solution doesn't look too bad either. Didn't know
> about it until now.
>
> Kevin

Thanks for the kind example, Kevin. Couple nice lessons I got today :)
Not bad to me too as well

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer
blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com

--
Love other people, as same as love yourself!
Don't think all the time, do it by your hands!

Personal URL: http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn:8080/members/baishw/
E-Mail: address@hidden or address@hidden