qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Write to guest memory space in target-i386/translate.c

From: Tommy Huang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Write to guest memory space in target-i386/translate.c
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:55:35 -0700

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your clear explanation.
That indeed clarified part of my confusion.

1. What is TCG code
that you mentioned?

2. As you said, translate.c is used when the guest code needs to be translated. It seems that translate.c should be able to read/write the guest OS space as well as helper.c. But why can I only use ldub_code but not ldub_kernel or stb_kernel functions in translate.c? I found all *_code and *_kernel functions are defined in the cpu-all.h. It seems strange to me that if I can use ldub_code, I should be able to use the rest of them. But it's not the case, why?

3. If kqemu is on, is softmmu still used, such as softmmu_*h?

Any information is very appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Tommy

Get free photo software from Windows Live Click here.