qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL window Resize Crash

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL window Resize Crash
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:51:45 -0300

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:39:14 +0300
Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Stephen Depooter<address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Working with qemu from the stable-0.11 branch, I have seen a crash when
> > trying
> > to resize the SDL qemu window smaller.
> >
> > Resizing the window larger "just" causes video corruption.
> >
> > This is with qemu-system-arm using the versatilepb board.  However I suspect
> > the bug is in the common SDL code.
>
> Looks like it's the same problem I fixed with Sparc32 TCX. Would this
> patch fix the bug?

 I've got a similar problem and reported it on launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/397572

 As Stephen says, I also think this is on SDL code. It's very
easy to reproduce btw:

1. Start QEMU in pause mode, for example:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 -hda fedora11.img -boot c -S

2. Switch to the Monitor

Ctrl+Alt+2

3. Type 'help'

(qemu) help

4. Using the mouse, try to resize the screen. QEMU will crash