qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu regression (network in OpenBSD 4.5 works in 0.9.1, bu

From: Dmitiry Y. Zotikov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu regression (network in OpenBSD 4.5 works in 0.9.1, but not in 0.10.[45])
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:49:01 +0400

I'm running OpenBSD 4.5 as a qemu guest on a Debian Linux testing host.
Network doesn't work at all in qemu versions 0.10.4 or 0.10.5, no matter
what NIC I choose.

With '#define RTL8139_ONBOARD_TIMER 1' in hw/rtl8139.c, however, it does
work with the rtl8139 nic, but *very* unreliably: I have to wait for
about 10 seconds to connect to daytime port, for example + I get many
're0: watchdog timeout' kernel messages.

With the version 0.9.1 AND the mentioned #define everything is ok.  I
can't test versions other than ones that I've tested, neither I'm able
to investigate the problem further, sorry :(

You can see full setup and tcpdumps here:
http://www.sigmasoft.com/~openbsd/archives/html/openbsd-misc/2009-07/msg00576.html
--
wbr, xio