qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:31:24 +0300

On 07/10/2009 08:06 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
BTW, this is one of the challenges of doing pulls. I did the pull and then deleted every qemu-io patch in my queue since I assumed that everything that should go in was part of hch's pull request. In general, that's the only sane way to do pulls so if someone requests a pull in the future, please make sure that you've gone through and pulled any patch from the list first.

Pulls and stale queues are incompatible. So long as everything is in patches, it doesn't matter since duplicate patches won't apply. However a branch can't be based on a queue (since that's liable to change any time), and the branch can't commit and patches in the queue (since the queue might be committed any time). If you want to pull, you'll need to shorten your queues (that will improve many other people's quality of life, btw).