qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Building Qemu 0.10.5 fails with an error about missing

From: Ciprian Dorin, Craciun
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Building Qemu 0.10.5 fails with an error about missing tcg-target.h
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:50:18 +0300

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Lennart
Sorensen<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 07:52:35PM +0300, Ciprian Dorin, Craciun wrote:
>>     Hello all!
>>
>>     I've tried to build Qemu 0.10.5 and it fails with:
>> error: tcg-target.h: No such file or directory
>> warning: "TCG_TARGET_REG_BITS" is not defined
>>
>>     I've attached a file that contains both build commands and output.
>> I'm on Debian Lenny i386 with a 2.6.30 kernel, and GCC 4.2. I've tried
>> also Qemu 0.10.0 and the same thing happens. (I've also pasted below
>> only the build script.)
>
> Well I took the 0.10.5 source package from unstable and built it in
> Lenny, and I don't remember having to do anything to the package to make
> it build.
>
> Perhaps you are missing some build dependancy (which the source package
> would tell you about), or perhaps debian has patched something to make
> it work.  Might be worth looking at the debian package from unstable.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

    Well I've tried the Debian version, and it works. Then I've tried
again the original version and (surprise) it works. (The same build
script as the one posted earlier.) (The source codes are the same,
except that the Debian one does not include binary files for the bios,
etc.)

    After thinking for a while, I think I've figured the problem: on
Friday I've rebuilt my kernel. Until then it was a hand built x86_64
with the old Debian 32 bit user space, but on Friday I've switched
back to the 32 bit kernel, but didn't reboot my laptop until tonight.

    But still one problem: when compiling statically (--static flag to
configure), it gives "undefined reference" errors. They are related
with SDL, and gnutls. But as these are related with UI, I could
compile them out. One question though: the other features can be build
statically?

    Thanks, and sorry for the mistake,
    Ciprian Craciun.