qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Register uhci_reset() callback.

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Register uhci_reset() callback.
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:04:20 +0100

> > I find nothing wrong with your commit message (for completeness, it
> > could mention that it installs a reset handler).
>
> It does in subject line. Subject line goes to log message with git-am.

I consider this to be a bug in git - or at something you need to be aware of
and avoid.

IMHO the subject of an email should not contain critical information.
Obviously it is important to give emails meaningful subject lines, but the
body of the email should not require the reader to refer back to the subject.
On pretty much every email client I've ever used the subject and other header
information is displayed separately to the body of the email.

Paul