qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Register uhci_reset() callback.

From: Gleb Natapov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Register uhci_reset() callback.
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:00:54 +0300

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 02:53:12PM +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
> On Thursday 11 June 2009, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> > >
> > > This should not be necessary.
> >
> > You are always so brief. Can you please spent a little bit more time and
> > afford and explain why is should not be necessary, because it is clear
> > that I think it is that is why I put it there in the first place.
>
> Ok. Let me put this annother way.
You don't think registering reset is not necessary or you don't think
calling uhci_update_irq(s) in the reset handler is necessary?

> I don't think this is necessary. What bug are you fixing, and why is this the
> right solution?
RHEL4.8 hangs after reboot because usb interrupt is not goes away. This
patch fixes it. Reseting all devices on a system reset is a right thing to do
even if there is no reproducible bug exist.

--
                        Gleb.