qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows BSOD with copied image

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows BSOD with copied image
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:04:34 +0200

Bryan Christ wrote:
Sorry to be a pest, but I posted this on the user forum and haven't
received any replies.

I have a working Windows XP qcow2 image. I have tried several ways to
copy it. I have used cp, dd, and qemu-img convert. In all cases,
Windows XP will BSOD when the copied image is run. Any thoughts? I
suspect that it might be related to the fact that the original file
has "-rw-r--r--." permissions and the copy does not have the "." in
the right-most column (no idea what that means and how to change it).

What does:

md5sum xp-image xp-image-copy

say?

--