qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] block/raw-posix.c:hdev_create() on FreeBSD and in general

From: Christoph Hellwig
Subject: [Qemu-devel] block/raw-posix.c:hdev_create() on FreeBSD and in general
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 10:07:23 +0200

Didn't FreeBSD do away with block device nodes in the 4.x release cycle?

In that case we will never allow to create host devices on FreeBSD
with this code.

Also I think we should allow creating the host devices on all supported
operating systems.  For Linux we should use block devices, for FreeBSD
always char devices.  For the other BSDs and Solaris do we allow only
block or also the raw char devices?  Not sure if they actually support
O_DIRECT for block devices nodes which pretty much is a Linux-ism so
for cache=none at least we should probably open the raw nodes..