qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] usb_linux_update_endp_table: Broken pipe

From: Paul Wise
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] usb_linux_update_endp_table: Broken pipe
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:06:19 +0800

[Please CC me on any replies, I'm not subscribed]

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 11:33 +0300, Pantelis Koukousoulas wrote:

> I think it would be worth to just merge this patch. I asked myself a few days
> ago, but it seems to be a period where qemu moves quite fast (with the move
> to git and all) and there is no time to review usb patches.

Seems like it would enable pass-through for a few devices, from Google,
USB-serial devices are the most common thing people run into.

> Perhaps we should have a usb-specific git tree so that we can test/fix all
> usb-related patches that are in limbo right now and occasionally propose
> merges.

Not being a qemu or Linux developer I probably shouldn't comment, but
the -staging tree for dumping stuff to be merged seems to work well for
Linux so maybe qemu could do the same.

> There could be several reasons for that. Note that your device is also a bit
> on the peculiar side, in that it actually has 3 interfaces (and thus 3
> drivers).
> It could be also a speed/stall problem but this is unlikely since max's work
> has made the usb backend reasonably fast these days.

Yeah, it is an all-in-one scanner-printer-fax. One of the interfaces is
the printer, one the scanner and not sure about the other one. I was
using qemu 0.10.3 when I had these issues, how recent is max's work? It
actually feels like a speed/stall problem but it really is hard to say.

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/