qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Questions about rtl8139 receive mode and debugging

From: Jiang Wang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Questions about rtl8139 receive mode and debugging
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:23:43 -0400

Hi:

I am using rtl8139 nic emulation on x86 linux (CentOS 5.3). QEMU is
0.10.2  I want to set the NIC to receive the packet even if the check
sum is wrong. Is this function implemented? I searched in hw/rtl8139.c
and find a definition of "    AcceptErr = 0x20,". But it is not used
anywhere.

So I guess it may not be implemented yet. Then I try to debug this NIC
and understand its internals. But I cannot find the "printf" output
even if I put "#define DEBUG_RTL8139 1" in the source file and
recompiled the qemu.  I noticed that in this post:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-04/msg00517.html ,
the printf seems to be able to output the message to the QEMU monitor.
But why I cannot see the printf? Is there any other settings? Thanks.

Regards,

Jiang