qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] documentation

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] documentation
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 21:07:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 11 May 2009, G 3 wrote:

> I have been trying to compile Qemu on MinGW but I keep running into
> problems. The biggest problem I face is outdated documentation. Who is
> in charge of Qemu's documentation? In the section about compiling under
> Windows there is mention of a file called i386-mingw32msvb.tar.gz. This
> file doesn't exist any more in SDL 1.2.13.

Well, nobody is in charge.  This is an Open Source project, so people do
what they like, and apparently nobody liked taking care of the
documentation.

> It would really help the Qemu community if they tried to update their
> documentation.

I fail to see how.  The developers seemed to be quite capable of doing
without the outdated documentation...

Oh, and if you wanted to suggest that better documentation could give QEmu
a bigger user community: as far as I can tell, nobody working on QEmu
would have any benefit from a larger user base.

Ciao,
Dscho