qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Question about KVM and PC speaker

From: Simon Bienlein
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Question about KVM and PC speaker
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 17:59:36 +0200

Hello Jan,
Am 04.05.2009 23:00, schrieb Jan Kiszka:
Samuel Thibault wrote:
 Jan Kiszka, le Mon 04 May 2009 22:29:39 +0200, a écrit :
 When I boot the VM from the Lenny CD, there is no audible signal tone.
 Hmm, I successfully tested with '-soundbw pcspk' + my patches or
 -no-kvm-pit. There is probably a different, unrelated issue with your setup.

 Remember that the BIOS support for beeps is probably still missing.
 Simon, you should also test beeps from an installed Linux guest.

Yeah, I forgot... :)

Indeed, I only tested the console beep of a fully installed Linux guest.

In this surrounding, the beep works fine at my place at well. However, the beep worked without the patching of the sources when I entered -no-kvm-pit. For me as a user there is no noticeable change with the patch.

Is a support for BIOS worked on right now?

Thanks in advance for the further help.

Simon