qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on i

From: Christoph Hellwig
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QEMU
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:04:35 +0200

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 04:38:12PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> qemu provides virtio, it doesn't consume it.  We can merge the virtio
> headers and remove the linuxisms.

Yeah.  virtio is a one the (virtual) wire protocol, not a kernel ABI in
the tradition sense.  qemu should have it's own defintion.  For kernel
feature qemu uses (mostly kvm, but also the scsi generic ioctl for
example) it should just use the installed kernel headers, and not build
the feature if they are too old.