qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QE

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QEMU
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:15:58 -0500

Edgar E. Iglesias wrote:
I don't feel very strongly about it but my gut feeling tells me we
shouldn't be doing this.

We have to. It's not just KVM, it's virtio, tun/tap, and as we add more things to the Linux kernel to support QEMU, it'll just grow larger.

This is how applications are supposed to use kernel headers. It's unpleasant, but that's just the way Linux is today.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers