qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio documentation or BSD licensed driver?

From: higepon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio documentation or BSD licensed driver?
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:07:47 +0900

Hi. Thank you.

> There's some on the Documents page of the kvm wiki.

I found this page and attached pdf.
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Virtio

But not enough.

> The ACM
> pdf is actually very informative, but does include some code snippets from
> the headers. I don't know what license the header code is under.

It's good document.
And as far as I know Linux's virio headers are BSD licensed.

> Fwiw, I don't know how much virtio will buy you over the e1000 emulation.

Sure.
I want to compare and choose which to use and implement.

I still need more documents, if anybody knows please let me know.

Cheers.