qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:50:37 -0400

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:45:36PM +0200, Laurent Desnogues wrote:
> I certainly wasn't arguing against bisectability :)
>
> I just wanted to be sure how to achieve it would be described somewhere
> to help git newcomers.  I used that as an example of what makes git not
> very user friendly, like inventing some new terminology or use new
> command names for things that have been used for years.

How does it make git not friendly?  Commiting code that doesn't build
has always caused people pain, it just happens that with git it includes
the pain of loosing use of a major feature of git.

> And before someone jumps on me, I am not arguing against git, I start to
> like it.

I like the regex saerches in commits using git log.  Having git-svn
to grab a svn tree and being able to do all the git tricks on it is
very handy.  A native git tree is much faster to fetch though.

--
Len Sorensen