qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:05:07 -0500

Kevin Wolf wrote:
Anthony Liguori schrieb:
It's been mentioned in the past that we're planning a switch from subversion to git. I've setup a git repo on Savannah that is now mirroring the svn tree. I've got a hook setup such that commits generate emails. They're currently being sent to qemu-commits although I can redirect to qemu-devel if that's desired.

Personally, I like having the commit messages on the list. But I can subscribe to another list as well, I could still filter it into the same folder.

Once we do the switch and commits have proper author information, I plan on adding anyone on the SoB to the CC for these messages to give people an automatic indication of when their patch was committed.

My goal is to reduce some of the traffic on qemu-devel. For those that want to read commits, it's easy enough to filter appropriately like you've mentioned.

I'm open to suggestion though.

--
Regards,

Anthony Liguori