qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [patch 01/11] qemu: create helper for event notific

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [patch 01/11] qemu: create helper for event notification
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:21:58 -0500

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 03:53:04PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
     }
 }
I always thought next_cpu was used here to cover an explicit race condition.

If you're using TCG, and you get a single after running the loop, but before assigning cpu_single_env, then you'll set the interrupt exit request on the old CPU state. You'll eventually exit I guess but you potentially have to run through multiple VCPUs.

I'd feel more comfortable if we preserved the behavior here that we had before.

Right. Patch 7 reverts to the old behaviour.

We need to do this series in a way such that we aren't breaking things as we go along.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori