qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Problems KVM-84

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Problems KVM-84
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:52:30 +0200

Anthony Liguori wrote:

Scanning the file at startup is slow.  We need to find a better way.

Any quick ideas? Seems like this is broken by design.

I agree.

Unless we can find a quick fix, I'm going to revert this in the stable tree.

We could cache the value in some unused area. Set it up in qemu-img. Don't support it on older images.

But that's not a quick fix; I'd suggest reverting it in both stable and mainline, and re-applying in mainline when there's a fix.