qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [6684] Fix "info registers" under kvm.

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [6684] Fix "info registers" under kvm.
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 11:40:43 -0500

Jan Kiszka wrote:
We could do

static inline void kvm_get_registers(CPUState *env)
{
        if (kvm_enabled())
                kvm_arch_get_registers(env);
}

in kvm.h (and kvm_put_registers analogously). That would still be
kvm-specific, though, but it would reduce the impact on the code that
has to be extended this way.

Generic hooks is something I would really like to postpone here until we
start working on some accelerator abstraction.

I'd rather add hooks where we need them and then later take all of the hooks and build an abstraction from that. Otherwise, you start inventing hooks that may not be needed.

BTW, Gerd, how close are we to seeing another round of Xen patches? I think what's needed has shown up in the xen tree by now, correct? Or are you still waiting for the DisplayState changes to get merged into Ian's tree?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Jan