qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] OpenBIOS 1.0 released

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] OpenBIOS 1.0 released
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:37:53 +0200

OpenBIOS 1.0 has been released. After the previous release candidate
(1.0RC1), there have been more than 300 commits with bug fixes and new
features. OpenBIOS can be used to boot Linux and many other operating
systems on Sparc32 and PowerPC systems emulated by QEMU. There is also
experimental support for 64 bit Sparc64 and PowerPC64 systems.

I'd like to thank Stefan Reinauer for steering and guidance, expert
advise on all matters ranging from Forth magic to OpenBIOS internals
and of course for the main development that we could build upon.
Laurent Vivier deserves credit for bootstrapping the PowerPC port and
other important work, especially on PCI.

Thanks also to all those who contributed in form of patches (from SVN
commits in alphabetic order):

Stefan Assmann
Paul Brook
Mark Cave-Ayland
Justin Chevrier
Peter Creath
Alexander Graf
Mike Hommey
Aurelien Jarno
Igor Kovalenko

as well as those mentioned in the Credits page:

Patrick Mauritz
Samuel Rydh
Greg Watson
David Paktor
Chen-Chau Chu
Tim Barrett
Krishna Myneni

but many others tested, reported bugs and provided helpful comments,
thanks to you all.

Please visit http://www.openfirmware.info/ for more information on OpenBIOS.