qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How are we looking for a release?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How are we looking for a release?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:55:03 -0600

Andreas Färber wrote:
Hi Anthony,

Am 27.02.2009 um 18:37 schrieb Anthony Liguori:

I wanted to see how we look from a release perspective. [...] I think we'll be ready in a few days.

Are there any major bug fixes people are working on?

Cocoa is still broken. There was a draft patch from Stefano on Dec 19 and another one from Samuel Benson on Jan 25. I'll try to look into it the weekend.

My understanding is they still didn't fix it entirely. The current cocoa implementation is extremely difficult to maintain. I'd really like to see it deprecated in favor of SDL (knowing that SDL doesn't work on 64-bit OS X--but does that even exist today?).

I believe the last remaining issues were for 16-bit; if it works otherwise, I would ask you to consider applying it in order to have a compiling release. We could fix any display issues in a separate patch if necessary.

I'm okay with that too.  Just have the appropriate person resubmit.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,

Andreas