qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Monitor Memory Accesses

From: Vince Weaver
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Monitor Memory Accesses
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:30:27 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Andrea Pellegrini wrote:
nice to talk to you again. I figured that we are trying to do basically the same thing. Are you able to use the traces from Qemu with Dinero? If so, in case of cache miss, can you stall the execution of Qemu for some cycles?

You can use Qemu to generate traces for Dinero, patches for that were previously mentioned in this thread.

Stalling is meaningless though... Qemu is not cycle-accurate.

If you really want cycle accurate values, you're going to have to feed the traces from Qemu into a timing simulator. It might be possible to create a simple mips timing simulator that hooks into Qemu (see my wddd 2008 paper) but that would involve significant hacking that's not really related to Qemu development.

Vince