qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Move CD drive to second IDE on PowerPC

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Move CD drive to second IDE on PowerPC
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 11:41:51 -0500

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:37:06PM -0700, C.W. Betts wrote:
> I am not sure how well the new firmware handles the second IDE
> channel, but if it handles it better than the openhackware, the
> primary slave CD-ROM on PowerPCs could be dropped

Hmm, strangely when using the current svn of openbios on qemu, both the
HD and CDROM are now on the second IDE channel under linux.  They used
to be on the primary.  I had to change my fstab and boot settings to
deal with the change.

Of course I think real powermac's use the secondary channel as well.

--
Len Sorensen