qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release

From: Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 00:29:42 +0900

Anthony Liguori wrote:
What do people think? TCG seems to be in a good place. We've got virtio, KVM, live migration, tons of new devices, bsd-user, etc.

The development of sh4 is rather slow, you know. Then there is no need to
think about it to decide when to cut the next version.
From the point of view from sh4 system emulation, that's a good news.
It is a good way to provide current features for sh4 developers.
But before release, I hope these two points would handled by anyone.

[1] USB support

Current sh4 system emulation (r2d board) does not support USB host.
Without it, the graphic console does not receive any key input
via USB keyboard emulation.  Then, graphics console is not available
now.  I guess sh4 developers would feel it strange.

Following patch adds usb host.

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-12/msg01620.html

It does not apply to current svn head, because of line mismatch.
I'm willing to post new version, if the patch is OK.
Could anyone review it?

[2] sh4 kernel & disk image on QEMU's download page

It's a bothering work to make kernel & disk image for sh4.  Not to obstruct
sh4 developers with it, I provide a small (4MB) set at following URL.

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/qemu-sh4/documents/b18oeq850r3AhNab7jnrAJ/download?filename=sh-test-0.1.tar.bz2

Could anyone put the image at QEMU's download page?
 http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html

I think it is the best place to provide it.

Regards,
Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI