qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 18/18] qemu: PCI device, disk and host network h

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 18/18] qemu: PCI device, disk and host network hot-add / hot-remove
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:17:13 +0100

Marcelo Tosatti <address@hidden> writes:

> Add monitor command to hot-add PCI devices (nic and storage).
>
> Syntax is:
>
> pci_add pcibus nic|storage params

I'd prefer a more future-proof syntax here.  Eventually, we'll want to
be able to specify the full PCI device address, consisting of domain,
bus and dev (func makes no sense here).  The common syntax for that is
want to make parts optional for convenience, and have some syntax to
let QEMU pick the <dev>.