qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [6490] Update #defines for PCI vendor and device IDs fr

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [6490] Update #defines for PCI vendor and device IDs from OpenBIOS and Linux
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:23:22 +0100

>>> (Also, RTL8029 vs. 8139?...)
>> That's what ne2k uses (not 8139).
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear -- I was just pointing at the naming i.e. RTL8029
> as opposed to just 8029, but wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it.

REALTEK_RTL is somewhat redundant, I'd drop the RTL from the 8029 ...

>>> I gather 0x1234/0x1111 was originally chosen by Bochs.  Unfortunately,
>>> it is apparently allocated to 'Technical Corp.'  Would it be possible
>>> to use something less confusing instead?
>> The IDs could be replaced with some real, original VGA compatible PCI
>> card, without any extra features. Bochs extensions should probably be
>> disabled then. Any suggestions?

Well, you probably have a hard time to find a real VGA card *with* PCI
and *without* extra features.

> Not sure... perhaps Gerd could help, here? :)

I can talk to our PCI guy, shouldn't be a big issue to get an ID for the
qemu std vga.  Thats certainly better that some random ID grabbed.

cheers,
  Gerd