qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user/arm unsupported syscalls

From: Riku Voipio
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user/arm unsupported syscalls
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:04:06 +0200

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 09:37:15PM +0100, Martin Mohring wrote:
> Jan-Simon Möller wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm running some debian-lenny/arm binaries in user-mode emulation and get
> > these 2 messages:

debian/arm or debian/armel ? Which specific binaries?

> > qemu: Unsupported ARM syscall: 0x9000e5
> > qemu: Unsupported ARM syscall: 0x9000e2

> Does anybody here know what the 0x9 number in front of e5 and e2 means?

oldabi syscalls.

> When such an error comes in qemu, for me usually a decimal number of a
> syscall from any of the "linux-user/<arch>/syscall_nr.h file is printed.
> But not a hexnumber with 0x9000 in front....

Because the error is being printed from a place than usual. Qemu appears
to think the binary is eabi and is thus not reducing 0x900000 as usual
when running oldabi binaries.

The warned syscalls (setxattr, getattr) go usually via the
unimplemented_nowarn path, so no warning should be visible for users.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups