qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc seems slow today.

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc seems slow today.
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:07:14 -0500

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:49:14PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Boot time of about a minute versus about 6 or 7 minutes.  Seems to scale
> completely with the drop in cpu usage.  Use 1/6 of the cpu and run 6
> times slower.
>
> OK, I am trying to find how I can get the svn commit number from the
> result of make -k tar.  All I have found so far just says svn.
>
> I of course didn't keep the previous checkout since I just did svn
> update in the same directory.
>
> Well there can't be that many commits in 5 days, so I should be able to
> pick somewhere to start a bisect from.

Hmm, so if I run 'watch -n 1 date' in qemu and on the host, in the time
10 seconds pass in qemu, 25 seconds passed on the host.  qemu thinks it
is running as fast as before, but its concept of real time is wrong.

With the build I did on january 14th, the qemu and the host are in sync
timewise and qemu is way more responsive (at the cost of a lot of cpu of
course).

--
Len Sorensen