qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Add Intel VT support to QEMU?

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Add Intel VT support to QEMU?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:13:07 +0100

Jason Martens schrieb:
> Hello Everyone
>   I'm a part of a school group, and we are looking at adding Intel VT
> support to QEMU for a class project.  We would be implementing support
> for VT guests, so that other VMMs that rely on VT could be run/debugged
> using QEMU.  We are not familiar with QEMU code (yet!), so we are
> looking for some feedback from all of you experts.
>
> 1. Has this been attempted before, or is there any existing code for
> this?  I saw some posts about a year ago that perhaps someone started on
> it, but nothing after that.

I've started to implement it once, but haven't come very far. The very
basic instructions are implemented, but that's it. IIRC you could load
the KVM modules but it wouldn't run anything.

If you like I can try to rebase my code on the current SVN version and
send you a patch series.

> 2. What would be required to implement this?  Any suggestions on where
> to start looking would be appreciated.  Obviously, the Intel VT docs are
> going to be necessary.  Are there other things that you recommend we
> look at before we start?

What I used was only the Intel docs and partly the KVM sources.

Kevin