qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: kvm: system reset does not work / slow cirrus-vga

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: kvm: system reset does not work / slow cirrus-vga
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:34:58 +0200

Jan Kiszka wrote:
Another issue: cirrus_vga seems to run without mmio coalescing support.
Graphic modes are horribly slow. In contrast, -vga std gives reasonable
performance. Maybe I will play with the diff of the kvm tree later, but
that one currently has its own cirrus-reset problems...

OK, this can be fixed by porting the kvm changes over, but I cannot
asses if they are all valid or needed upstream. Avi?

I think all of this is reasonable.