qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: First OOPS

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: First OOPS
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:37:15 +0100

Le 22 déc. 08 à 07:22, Blue Swirl a écrit :

On 12/22/08, Laurent Vivier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I've got my first oops under linux booted with OpenBIOS.

The kernel (2.6.28-rc9) was hanging into probe_machine() because it didn't
recognize the machine.

The following patch correct this:

Thanks, applied as r305.

What kernel and command line have you been using? None of the install
CD images I have tried are able to boot at all.

In fact, I've installed a debian sarge on an external disk drive with my iBook G4 and I use this image with qemu.

Then I cross-compile a linux kernel from GIT and I use yaboot (I've compiled it on x86_64) to update the disk image:

kpartx -a sarge-ppc.img
mount /dev/mapper/loop0p3 mnt
cp linux-2.6/vmlinux mnt/boot/vmlinux-2.6-test
sudo umount mnt
yaboot-1.3.14/ybin/ybin -o hd:2 -b /dev/mapper/loop0p2 --config yaboot.conf --nonvram
kpartx -d /dev/loop0

My yaboot.conf is:

boot=/dev/hda2
device=hd:
partition=3
root=/dev/hda3
timeout=5000
install=yaboot-1.3.14/second/yaboot
magicboot=yaboot-1.3.14/first/ofboot
enablecdboot

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6-test
        label=Linux-test
        read-only
        append="console=ttyS0"

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="console=ttyS0"

image=/boot/vmlinux.old
        label=old
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img.old

On an install CD there is a forth script which start yaboot with good parameters but currently OpenBIOS is not able to decode this script (inside XML tags).

Regards,
Laurent
- Alan Kay