qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] example pci code ? stubs ?

From: Christopher Friedt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] example pci code ? stubs ?
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:22:59 -0500

Hi everyone,

I've been using qemu for a long time, and now I'm hoping to use it for
a project at work - an arm coprocessor over the pci bus. I'm hoping to
design all of the software that I will need, including a kernel module
and userspace libraries, before creating a pcb to have shipped out. I
already have all of the main chips in my BOM determined. Actually, I'm
using the BeagleBoard as a reference design, which has a TI OMAP 3530
ARMv7 chip.

I've been hacking at the qemu code for quite some time now - a few
months actually. I've included my .h in pci.h, and called the init()
in pc.c. My card's init() prints 'Hello, World!\n' to stdout when qemu
starts, but I have yet to see my card with 'lspci'.

Is it possible for one of the qemu developers with a bit more
experience with Qemu to write code for basic PCI card, as well as code
for a kernel module, so that 'lspci' will actually show the card?

This is a bit of a 'jump-start' for would-be Qemu developers, and
could easily be included in the sources for distribution.

Cheers,

Chris