qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM PowerPC support

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM PowerPC support
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:44:11 -0600

I believe all comments from the first series have been addressed (thanks for
the quick review!). I was able to drop the first patch entirely, but realized
I should move/rename the 4xx SDRAM controller code, so that change is new.

built around the 440EP SoC. In the KVM model, the KVM kernel module is
responsible for all instruction execution, so it doesn't matter that TCG
doesn't emulate the 440 core.

We've only tested KVM and Bamboo with the -kernel option. I have no idea what
it would take to run a firmware like u-boot inside the VM, but it's basically
the same problem as running u-boot inside a 405 VM.

-Hollis