qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Switch to thread pool from posix-aio

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Switch to thread pool from posix-aio
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:43:33 -0600

I've just committed the thread pool patch I posted a few days ago (plus the suggested cleanups).

Please test this especially if you're using a very old glibc or a non-Linux Unix. Also pay attention for any performance differences. I don't think any will be noticable unless you're doing very heavy IO and I expect it will only improve things.

If in the past you've been forced to use --disable-aio, please try again without --disable-aio and let me know if it now works.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori