qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu/KVM ehci support

From: Max Krasnyansky
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu/KVM ehci support
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:35:25 -0800

Mark Burkley wrote:
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:52:10 -0800, you wrote:

Hi Mark,

Mark Burkley wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:21:35 -0800, MaxK wrote:
Mark, I'm planning on playing with it some more later today. If you have an updated version please send me a patch or a GIT tree to pull from. My first attempt as you remember was not very successful (ie XP was just crashing).
I never did find out why that was happening but I will update the
patch against trunk and retest today to see if I can duplicate the
problem.
Do you have an updated patch ?

I got tangled up trying to install git and get a hole poked in the
firewall then had to go firefighting.  Apologies again, I'll try to
follow up on the status tomorrow.  git port should be open on our
server but I will have to check.
Sounds good.

btw I noticed a FIXME in the code that said that host device handoff is not supported yet (or something along those lines). Does that mean that we cannot yet use Linux host devices with EHCI ? Also how did you test EHCI in general ? 'info ehci' monitor command is commented out and if I try to un-comment/call it qemu dies.

That's probably why it is commented out - I didn't get around to
merging the info command.

I tested primarily using mass storage devices.  It used to work with
mice and printers too but I haven't tested those lately.  Basically
any device that uses bulk and/or interrupt but not isochronous should
work.

The handoff refers to the handoff from EHCI to UHCI if a device is
USB1.1.  At the moment EHCI handles all devices whether they are 1.1
or 2.0 though this isn't actually an issue due to backward
compatibility.
Got it. As soon as you send an update I'll give it a shoot again with the devices I have.

Thanx
Max