qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: MMIO address changes

From: Vladimir Prus
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: MMIO address changes
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:55:04 +0300

Paul Brook wrote:

> I've just committed a patch that changes the MMIO callback interface for
> devices.  Instead of being passed an absolute address these are now passed an
> offset from the start[1] of the memory region that was registered.
> [1] It's actually the offset from the start of the first page of that region.
> In practice this difference doesn't matter, and makes the implementation a
> lot simpler.

This breaks something for me. I have:

         smc91c111_init(&nd_table[0], (0xb4000000 + 0x01800000 + 0x300) &
0x1fffffff,
                   get_irq(s, 7));

and smc91c111_init presently does:

        cpu_register_physical_memory(base, 16, iomemtype);

and smc emulation promptly dies because an access with address of 0x30e is made,
with 0x300 apparently being the offset from the page start, with 0xe being the
desired
offset. What is the cleanest way to address this? Reverting your change to
sms91c111.c works, fwiw.

- Volodya