qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC 1/1] pci-dma-api-v2

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC 1/1] pci-dma-api-v2
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:36:32 +0200

On 11/30/08, Andrea Arcangeli <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 09:11:28PM +0200, Blue Swirl wrote:
>  > Yes, this version (attached) works.
>

> Ok great! ;)

This looks promising. Maybe the previous attempts tried to solve
several problems at once, like the complex address translation schemes
I have in mind, in addition to the basic zero-copy DMA transfer.This
version leaves the DMA address translation to the caller and operates
using physical memory addresses. Another way would be to use directly
host pointers.

Regarding the code, I'd drop the "PCI", this will fit SBus, ISA or
whatever bus we are using.

Sparc64 does not compile, unless pci_dma.o is added to the
Makefile.target list of Sparc64 objects.

The first function called is pci_dma_sg, which also performs some
initialization. I'd move the function pointer setup to a separate init
function.

Quilt complains about trailing whitespace, please trim.