qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Alpha linux-user support

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Alpha linux-user support
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:33:56 +0100

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Vince Weaver <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried compiling some simple binaries (on the Alpha) and running them with
> qemu alpha-linux-user (on an x86_64 machine) with no luck.

How is it failing?  All I was able to run was some simple hand written
assembly programs.  For C programs I got:

   - Illegal instruction, no matter what CPU setting I am giving to gcc;
     to get around this try to add ctx->amask |= AMASK_BWX to
     cpu_alpha_init

   - once the amask is set I get "kernel too old".

Basically my Alpha cross toolchain does not look right or there's a
bug in the translator.

Laurent