qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GDB stub changes

From: Paul Brook
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GDB stub changes
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:09:35 +0100

I've just committed changes to the qemu gdb remote protocol implementation
that add support for XML register descriptions. This is a relatively new GDB
feature that allows qemu to describe what CPU registers are available without
GDB needing prior knowledge of the CPU. Protocol details can be found in the
GDB documentation.

Currently only ARM and ColdFire provide these descriptions, and only the basic
core+fpu registers are described. Future extensions include banked registers,
privileged registers, MMU state, etc.

Other targets should not see any functional changes. Please test your
favourite targets and let me know if I broke anything.

Paul